About Abigail Ward
I’m a co-founder of Manchester Digital Music Archive – an online archive established to celebrate Greater Manchester music and its social history.
I specialise in curating music and heritage events, usually with a strong community focus.
I have expertise in:
• Exhibition & event curation
• Crowd-sourcing heritage
• Community archives
• Audio editing
• Oral histories/interviewing
• Digital content production
• Social media
As a DJ I specialise in creating unique, atmospheric mixes for a variety of clients and occasions.
I work regularly as a freelance project manager for Drake Music – a charity that opens up access to music for disabled people of all ages.
Other clients include: New Order / Warner Music Group, Manchester Academy, The Lowry, Manchester Pride, People’s History Museum, University of Manchester, Liverpool John Moores University, Manchester Metropolitan University, Red Bull Music Academy.
Recent public speaking engagements:
– Queer Noise: The History of LGBT+ Music and Club Culture in Manchester, People’s History Museum, 2017
– Rod Connolly & Zoë McVeigh (Bollox Club) – In Conversation event, People’s History Museum, 2017
– It’s Alright: A Celebration of Manchester’s Rave Heritage 1985-1995, Manchester Metropolitan University, 2017
– Putting Women Upfront, Women in Music panel, Ladyfest, Islington Mill, 2017
– Access All Areas panel: How can cultural venues improve access for disabled people?, Z-arts, Manchester, 2017
– Manchester Music Legacies Debate (Manchester Shield), Manchester Metropolitan University, 2017
– Brix Smith Start & Abigail Ward – In Conversation event, The Ruby Lounge, Manchester, 2016
– Jon Savage & Abigail Ward – In Conversation event, Bird’s Nest Cafe, Shrewsbury, 2016