About Abigail Ward
I’m a co-founder of Manchester District Music Archive – an online archive established to celebrate Greater Manchester music and its social history.
I specialise in curating music and heritage events, usually with a strong community focus.
I have expertise in:
• Music journalism
• Audio editing
• Exhibition & event curation
• Crowd-sourcing heritage
• Community archives
• Oral histories
• Digital content production
• Social media
As a DJ I specialise in creating unique, atmospheric mixes for a variety of clients and occasions.
I work regularly as a freelance project manager for Drake Music – a charity that opens up access to music for disabled people of all ages.
Other clients include: Manchester Academy, The Lowry, Manchester Pride, Red Bull Music Academy, HOME_Mcr, LTM Recordings, Sabotage Times and Piccadilly Records.
Recent public speaking engagements:
– Access All Areas panel: How can cultural venues improve access for disabled people? Z-arts, Manchester, 2017
– Jon Savage & Abigail Ward – In Conversation event, Bird’s Nest Cafe, Shrewsbury, 2016
– Manchester Is Here Symposium, Manchester Metropolitan University, 2016
– Queer Noise: LGBT music history talk, Manchester Histories Festival, Band on the Wall, 2016
– Brix Smith Start & Abigail Ward – In Conversation event, The Ruby Lounge, Manchester, 2016
– Archiving Women’s Performance Practice event, HOME_Mcr, 2016