Wednesday June 15th, 2016
Manchester Metropolitan University Business School
FREE – book a place
Commemorating the 20th anniversary of the ‘Manchester bomb’, widely recognised as the catalyst for Greater Manchester’s twenty-first-century regeneration, MMU is holding an academic symposium and public-engagement launch on June 15th to celebrate Manchester’s phenomenal redevelopment over the past twenty years.
Who is Greater Manchester?
This panel will look at Manchester identities as they relate to music, football and LGBT communities. To what extent do the Premier League, the Factory legacy and the Gay Village promote and complement the multitude of Manchester’s histories of success, and how can we make the most of the manifold futures signposted by the city’s rich history and diverse heritage?
- Dominique Tessier (Café Historique)
- Abigail Ward (Manchester District Music Archive)
- Anthony May (Public Services, Manchester Met)
- Katie Milestone (Sociology, Manchester Met)
- Jon Binnie (Human Geography, Manchester Met)
Booking & more info via Eventbrite